Kirsty's Reviews > A Piece of Cake

A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown

Jun 07, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

'A Piece of Cake' is an excellent book and one that I've read a number of times over the years. I haven't known any other book to cover the tales of drug addiction so well.

It includes Cupcake discussing many of her personal issues over her life, such as the death of her mother, her life in foster homes, her fall into teenage prostitution, her long battle with drugs and then her struggle to come clean and get her life into gear.

I was quite young when I first read this book, around 14 or 15. I'm 20 now and I've read it four times and each time I pick up new information and can look at her life from a different angle. Each chapter has it's mixture of tense drama, laughter, tears and amazing stories.
I've always loved this book, but the only negative point I have to make it that around two thirds of the way through, the book gets a bit repetitive with her endless stories of her drug experiences. Each time I reach this part I do struggle a little to get through it, but its worth it to get to the end!

A must read for anybody.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Piece of Cake.