Rebecca's Reviews > Lexapros and Cons

Lexapros and Cons by Aaron Karo

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: ya
Read in April, 2012

It's weird how I pick and read books that have things in common back to back. This batch of books one weekend were all teen's with issues-related books. And neither of them were really all that great. This book, the kid has kind of major OCD, enough so that he is put on meds. I picked up this book because I subscribe to the authors mailing list where he rants and vents about college and just things in life, now that he is in his 30's. But some where in the process he got signed to a fiction book deal to. And because he is more a blogger then anything else, you can totally tell in his writing. It is not good. The turn of phrase he uses over and over again (and of course now I can't remember it) drove me CRAZY. I think it was something along the lines of "Me and Pal went here" or something like that. The use of the word "Me" to start a sentence over and over again DROVE ME CRAZY!!!! So that was my least favorite part of the book. Otherwise, it was actually okay. I liked the simplicity of the characters and storyline. Typical, nothing new, nothing ground breaking. Just more different kids trying to get by in society. We can all relate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lexapros and Cons.