Sandy's Reviews > A Dark Kiss of Rapture

A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day

Jun 13, 12

Read in June, 2012

A DARK KISS OF RAPTURE (Renegade Angels Series) by Sylvia Day

A DARK KISS OF RAPTURE is a free e-novella (October 2011) in Sylvia Day's Renegade Angel's Series. There is plenty of background and pertinent information that Sylvia includes at the beginning of the storyline-descriptions of Angels, Fallen, Lycan, Minions, Vampires etc and how each was created, made and or inspired. To be honest, without the information I would have been lost.

Kim is a young woman who hides the pain of the murder of her best friend. Hoping to forget for a little while, Kim approaches the brooding stranger, sitting at the bar, staring into his drink. Like herself, Kim senses he needs a few hours to forget about life. And if she were lucky, he would forget with her.

Raze is a Fallen (a former Watcher now forced into vampirism). Stripped of his wings, he is one of 200 Fallen on earth, but unlike so many others, Raze has never known what it is to find love or be loved. And tonight was no different. Finding an eviscerated human on his doorstep was a warning and Syre and Vash knew Raze would take responsibility and hunt for the person(s) responsible. Heading to Chicago, Raze's first inclination was to head to the bar and pick up someone for the night. What he didn't expect was to find a woman who would need him as much as he needed her.

Raze knew that his time with Kim was temporary, but there was something about Kim that drew on his emotions. It was something he did not want to look at too closely. And Kim felt it as well. Unable to share his true identity with Kim, Raze was hoping that one day Adrian would grant Raze permission. But his time with Kim had placed her life at risk. Hunting the vampires and their minions had exposed Kim to the very beings he was hoping to find. The threat to her life was something that Raze vowed he would stop. Now that he has found her, he will stop at nothing to ensure she is safe.

A DARK KISS OF RAPTURE is a short story, a quick read. I will not say it is an easy read, because I would go back and forth trying to keep track of the different categories and labels for the varying characters and their identities. But it was FREE and I did enjoy the storyline. A DARK KISS OF RAPTURE caught my eye because of the author. I was first exposed to Sylvia Day through my read of BARED TO YOU-her new Crossfire series. I am looking forward to reading future storylines in the Renegade Angels series.

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark Kiss of Rapture.