TWJ Magazine's Reviews > A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me: An Impossibly True Story

A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me by Samantha Ryan Chandler

Jun 07, 12

A Love Story: How God Pursued Me and Found Me An Impossibly True Story is a book written by Samantha Ryan Chandler about her life and the trials God used to draw her closer to Himself. It is not an easy story to read, especially if you have experienced similar circumstances in your own life relationships. In fact, you may find it a bit painful to read if your faith and trust in God is in a vulnerable place right now. However, if you are in the midst of a particularly trying time, I would encourage you not to shy away from this story, but to read it and be encouraged!

Chandler shares a lot of the truths contained in Scripture that ministered to her heart during every phase of her journey, and my heart was encouraged and challenged as I read her story. God does indeed use His children as a tool in the hearts and lives of other believers, and Chandler’s story will be a powerful tool that will minister to others.

Tools can always be sharpened, and while I found this book to be a spiritual encouragement and challenge in my own life, I would really like to see it put in a more coherent time frame of events. The author was often skipping about between current and past events with little or no warning, and that presented a challenge to me because I often had to flip to another part of the book to find out what she was making reference to. And while I know this is a true story, and I don’t want to take anything away from that…I think this would be a GREAT foundation for a fictional series! Fleshed out with details, names, and fully developed characters….man! It would be awesome! But maybe that’s just my love of fiction talking.

Chandler has opened her heart and shared life lessons all believers can learn from.

(The Wordsmith Journal strives to guide readers to books of personal interest, with the understanding and respect that what appeals to some may not appeal to others. Therefore we attempt to keep our reviews focused on content, genre and style. The rating is necessary to make use of Goodreads and Amazon. It reflects the reviewer’s own level of enjoyment, but the review is intended to be informative for the benefit of all readers.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me.