Kari's Reviews > Rot and Ruin

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

F_50x66
Jun 14, 12

Read from June 07 to 14, 2012

What do I think so far? I can't put it down! It seems as though I rate most things pretty high on here; usually I only bother reviewing them if I like them. This one has sucked me in from page one--I'm already about 240 pages in, and I just got it yesterday.
I have yet to read the thrilling conclusion, but I guess I can explain what I've read so far. Basically, this is a zombie novel. But it's not your typical "zombie-genre thriller". It's also about the corruption within a post-apocalyptic society. A group of survivors (big group, like suburb-sized) have established a small community on the foothills of a mountain. They surrounded themselves with a protective fence to keep the hungry dead out, but they have also caged themselves in. They are governed by their own fear, refusing to speak of the zombies, First Night, or what lies within the great Rot and Ruin beyond the fence. The main character, Benny Imura, is growing up in this society. He, along with his friends and his older brother Tom, must fight against not only the zombies, but the fear that preys upon their homeland. Together, they must fight to reclaim the world that was so quickly lost.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rot and Ruin.