Elisamarie's Reviews > Midnight Promises

Midnight Promises by Sherryl Woods

U_50x66
Jul 26, 12

Read in July, 2012

I have to start by saying I LOVE Sherryl Woods and especially the Sweet Magnolia series. I have befriended Maddie, Dana Sue and Helen and the associated "hangers on" to all of these characters. Well, all except for Karen in Midnight Promises.

I didn't especially like Karen in the past, but as a secondary character, it didn't lower my enjoyment of the book. In Midnight Promises, from start to finish Karen came off to me as whiney and a "negative ninny." I understand about her past affecting her future, however, sometimes you just have to get over yourself and move on. I really don't think she EVER got this theory. Elliott was a wonderful husband to her, I do not believe he came off as "Macho" like she kept referring to the males in his family in the book (definitely NOT like Ernesto) and he was symathetic to her neurosis' and needs. WHY did she not want Elliott to adopt her kids? Why was she upset when Elliott enrolled Mack in football? Why is she so freaking neurotic about Frances???

I gave this book 2 stars becuase I loved the Frances, Flo and Liz characters, and the premise of opening an all male gym was intriguing. And I liked that I got to revisit some of my past faves in Travis and Sarah and even Carter and Roxanne (is that her name?) And I really look forward to hearing more about Adelia and her story.

I won't stop reading the Sweet Magnolias series, unless we hear too much from Karen in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Promises.