Kristy's Reviews > The Secret Hour

The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld

Jun 13, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, horror, read-in-2012
Read from June 07 to 12, 2012

This is my first time reading a book by Scott Westerfeld, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by it. I had never even heard of this particular series until I stumbled across it at my library, but I'm glad I did. In a small way, it reminds me of Anthony Horowitz's Gatekeepers series, but only in the fact that there are old monsters looking for an entry into our world. Otherwise, this is completely new and something I've never seen before in fantasy world.

An hour of time exists where everything and everyone freezes except for those who have been born very near that certain hour...for them and only them is that hour open to discovery, exploration, and danger. They call themselves the Midnighters, and each possesses a talent that they can use during the hour.

I'm looking forward to continuing this series. I don't really have any fault to find with it except for the teenage romance bits. They seem a bit ridiculous, but then most teenage romance is. :P Thankfully, it's not a prevailing theme in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Hour.