Anna's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-Smith

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: bgbc, supernatural
Read in March, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Some of the ramblings about dates and events lost my interest as History had never been my thing. This is one of the reasons I didn't give it a 5. The other was the ending could have been better in my opinion. Over all I highly recommend this book. Even if history is not your thing, if you are like me, it will pique your interest to find out what was and wasn't truth in the book. The historical fiction aspect was well done I thought, weaving in and out of real facts and fiction. And I understand if you get the book (and not the book on CD like I did) it has amusing fake photos with vampire skulls on the battlefield and the like.

As a whole without all the history stuff it was an awesome book. Not as action packed as the trailer for the movie would make it seem but great anyway. It follows Lincoln from a child all the way to his death and follows his "secret" life as a vampire hunter in additional to his political career. But the latter is really only a backdrop and not the focus of the book at all. If you like either vampire fiction or historical fiction, or perhaps even history it is a must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.