RLA's Reviews > Androletti's Mistress

Androletti's Mistress by Melanie Milburne

Jun 07, 2012

Read in May, 2012

This is a re-read, I first read it maybe two years ago and enjoyed it a lot, and I still very much enjoyed it on second reading!

Reading this book is a bit of an effort, it has a lot of difficult moments and at times I really wanted to hate the hero and his [occasional] cruel attitude towards the heroine. But at the same time I could see why he would behave that way. This is something that Melanie Milburne does quite a lot - her characters behave very badly but she is able to make the reader empathise with them, and her hero's always tread the fine line between Alpha-male and complete bastard yet she makes this work.

I was hooked throughout the whole book, mainly down to the fact that the heroine's story is uttely heartbreaking.

With all the anger between the hero and heroine there is lots of fiery passion to go with it, as well as some genuinely tender moments that balances the mood a little.

The book deals with some difficult subjects, but they are handled well. Yes, it is a little hard to read and, perhaps, overly dramatic but it is also a moving and powerful read - especially for a 180ish page category romance!

Originally posted at http://everyday-is-the-same.blogspot....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Androletti's Mistress.