Trianna Hyde's Reviews > The Darkest Passion

The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter

Jun 07, 2012

liked it
Read in June, 2012

In this book u meet Aeron, the keeper of the demon of doubt and Olivia a fallen angel. For a while Aeron has sensed a presence watching him and scaring away his demon friend Legion. Aeron doesn't like the fact that the presence keeps watching him & scaring the demon whom he considers his daughter. Olivia is that presence, an angel charged with killing Aeron. She has fallen in love with him as she has watched him. So rather then do her duty she decides to fall from heaven.

Since she knows nothing about being human she seeks out Aeron to help her. She seems to love him and right from the off seems to think Aeron will automatically love her. Although Aeron seems to like her, he doesn't like the fact that Legion is scared away by her mere presence. To complicate matters, Legion is also in love with Aeron and complicates matters further by making a deal with the devil to become beautiful and bed Aeron and win his heart, but with a bad ending if Legion fails.

I loved this story because of the depths someone will go to for love. Aeron battles his devotion to Legion with his new love for Olivia. But something about the fact that Olivia assumes Aeron will love her right from the off annoyed me. I get that she gave up her life as an angel to be with him but she goes from wanting him to herself to obsession over him to wanting to leave him cause he wont give up Legion. Then there is Legion who is a demon in love. So I can understand her predicament of wanting a man who doesn't see her in that kinda light.

As this book got to its conclusion, yes it did make me cry. I wanted to stop reading after Aeron was killed by Lysander but then you get to see the other fallen lords after he dies. I hope they get their stories. Still Olivia kinda lessened my liking of this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Passion.