Tariq Mahmood's Reviews > Ordinary Thunderstorms

2006699
Jun 11, 12

bookshelves: british
Read from June 07 to 11, 2012

Very, very interesting plot in which an ordinary working class, almost brilliant British academic gets involved in a horrible crime in London which he counters by running away and hiding. He forges a brand new personality for himself as he lives off the streets of London. The plot gets better as he is still hunted by the killers who are working for a huge corporation. The story well till the very end where somehow the author runs out I ideas as to how to finish off the loose ends. Why did a cold blooded killer decide not to shoot his dog when he seemed not have the slightest hesitation killing a young girl and an innocent professor? Will the protagonists new GF ever find out his old identity? How can an intelligent and very able protagonist live satisfied working as a porter? How can a successful girl get involved with a hospital porter in the first place? Maybe I fail to understand as I am a Pakistani, but some of the assumptions were asking a bit too much of my imagination.
Otherwise I found the story very interesting especially the working of large corporations, journalists, and ordinary working class. I quite enjoyed the interpretation of the Corporate jostling, very realistic. The book is very captivating but the end could have been even better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ordinary Thunderstorms.