Heidi's Reviews > Who Moved My Cheese?

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

Feb 26, 13

bookshelves: should-be-used-as-a-paper-weight
Recommended to Heidi by: Work
Recommended for: No one!
Read on June 06, 2012, read count: 1

So I read this because it was required reading material for my work. About 15 pages in I wanted to gouge out my eyes. I got to the point of pure exasperation. I understood the concept and what the book was trying to get across. What pissed me off was them saying the same thing, over and over and over and over again. I felt like it was the begining session on brainwashing.

Ever have a friend or someone whos really excited about something and they tell you the same story in thier excitement 5xs? People do it when they are pissed off too. The say the same thing or even chant the same thing over and over. You see it on Jerry Springer all the time. (ie you are the father - reaction "Now what?!Now what?!Now what?!Now what?!Now what?!")

It's the same for this book with a positive theme. Dr Suess could of rhymed and made it more entertaining in about 15 pages. At the end I felt patronized with everyones stories. Maybe because I pictured them in a class room, all fake and plastic with perm-a-grins on thier faces recanting thier stories. Im normally not this much of a pessimist. This is my first reaction to a book where I venomously wanted to burn the book. (or bang my head against a pointy rock to get all the images out)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Moved My Cheese?.

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Dixon Wow. Point made. Thank you.

message 2: by Joe (new) - rated it 1 star

Joe I had the same reaction, but you said it much better than I did!