Bonnie's Reviews > Never Seduce a Scot

Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks

May 14, 15

bookshelves: romance-historical, adult, arcs-edelweiss
Read from August 10 to 13, 2012

Never Seduce a Scot was kindly provided to me by Edelweiss for Random House Publishing Group.

Why have I waited so long to read Maya Banks? This was the perfect historical romance: steamy yet romantic. 'Never Seduce a Scot' is the start of a new series entitled 'The Montgomerys and Armstrongs' which I will most definitely be continuing!

The summary had me intrigued but I felt that the reference to Eveline being 'fey' had me expecting a paranormal historical twist, but... there wasn't any paranormal anything to be found within these pages.

Eveline though, was a fantastic character and one that managed to light up the pages despite her lack of dialogue (at first). I really love it when authors create imperfect characters since it adds something 'different' to the otherwise typical historical romance storyline. Eveline was strong despite her inability to hear and despite the hostile environment she'd been forced into.

'She twisted his insides into knots he had no hope of loosening.'

The romance was a bit insta-love but still managed to be heartwarming regardless. You can't help but love Graeme because of his continued support of Eveline despite the fact that he's being forced to marry her even with their family history. I loved their obvious chemistry and enjoyed being able to see how much he cared for her by the end pages.

This definitely won't be my last book by this author! Fantastic!
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Seduce a Scot.

08/10/2012
21.0% "I love it when the main characters are less than perfect."
08/13/2012
47.0% "<3"

♥Rachel♥ Loved this one too, Bonnie. Great review! :)

Bonnie Thanks, Rachel! I've heard the second one is even better but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. :)

♥Rachel♥ Bonnie wrote: "Thanks, Rachel! I've heard the second one is even better but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. :)"

I'm a little afraid, I hear it's darker and I can see why. Still, I want to read or listen to it. If it's the same performer as this one I'm definitely getting the audio version.

Bonnie ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Thanks, Rachel! I've heard the second one is even better but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. :)"

I'm a little afraid, I hear it's darker and I can see why. Still, I want t..."

Yes, definitely darker. Might have to check and see if I can find this on audio if they're good!