Scott Lee's Reviews > Promethea, Vol. 1

Promethea, Vol. 1 by Alan Moore

Jun 06, 12

Read in June, 2012

Alan Moore has always been hit and miss for me. I can appreciate what he did with Watchmen, but it didn't ring my bell the way it seems to have done for so many other people. The one that really bit into me and didn't let go was V for Vendetta, which I do in fact absolutely love.

This first volume of Promethea deals with one of the coolest story ideas I've encountered in some time. I love stories with tremendous scope, it's part of why I love comics, fantasy, and science-fiction. Promethea is certainly engaged in big idea storytelling with a fantastic other world in the Immateria that is right next too, that indeed overlaps our own. the Promethea as the embodiment of imagination etc. in fact reminds me somewhat of Gaiman's concept of Morpheus as the source of all tales. In fact, while I don't mean to suggest anything more than a surface resemblance of ideas the Immateria indeed reminds me very much of the Dreaming.

I will be sticking with this one awhile to see where it goes...I believe the whole things finished and published in trades, right? Shoudln't be any problem then.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promethea, Vol. 1.