Jessica B's Reviews > Morrigan's Cross

Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: nora-roberts, own, vampires, favourite-reads, re-reads, 2011, witchcraft, special-abilities
Read from January 14 to 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

So this was a re-read of one of my favourite Nora Roberts books. I gave it a 5 star rating the first tome around. I may have been a little generous in those days. I would probably put it at closer to 4 but I won't change it because this was one of the first books that I couldn't put down.

Hoyt, a sorcerer from the 12th century is thrust forward in time in order to find 5 others to do the Goddess Morrigan's bidding against Lilith and her vampire army. He finds in the future his brother a vampire turned what to him was only a few days past. He also finds Glenna a witch he has seen in his dreams.

They travel to Ireland looking for the other three. However the other three find them. Moira a princess from another world and her shape shifting cousin Larkin. And Blair the vampire hunter who is distantly related to Hoyt and Cian.

The set up in this book is nice. Although the romance was a bit lacking everything else moved quite quickly. The romance picks up in the end of the book and it ends on quite a wonderful note.

I'm glad I have decided to re-read this one and loo forwarding to re-reading the trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morrigan's Cross.

Quotes Jessica B Liked

Nora Roberts
“What if there's a fire?" Glenna said sweetly, and Cian merely smiled. "Then I guess you'd better open a window, and fly.”

Nora Roberts
“What is technology?" Cian pulled his brother inside, pushed the button for the next floor. "It's another god.”

Nora Roberts
“know what you want, work to get it, then value it once you have it.”

01/14/2011