M.A. Bronson's Reviews > Blood of the Revenant

bookshelves: runawaypen-reviews, ebooks
Read from June 18 to September 09, 2012

Genre: Young Adult Dark Fantasy

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Gabriel lives in a world where family made of five and each member has a role, Gabriel is the fighter. But Gabriel soon discovers that his world is not what he thought.

Everything was very well described and easy to picture. The fantasy element of a completely different world was done very well. There were a lot of surprises and you're never really sure who to trust, much like Gabriel feels. Gabriel was a good main character, in that he was fairly innocent and had good intentions. He often wished things could just go back to the way they were, a reluctant hero.

Gabriel often second guessed himself, questioning what he was doing almost all through the book. It became very tedious that he couldn't seem to make a decision without pages of debate with himself. We are, to the best of my recollection, never told Gabriel's age. Now this is a young adult novel so I'm assuming he could be anywhere from 13 to 18 years old. But it was hard to tell because on one page he would seem very childish and easily led, then on the next page he was making out with a girl that he hardly knew.(view spoiler)

There was a lot of detail and I think at times it made it hard to follow. I also didn't get that they were supposed to be vampires, until I read I read a review by another reader. I did really enjoy this book, but Gabriel's actions were hard to follow and I was confused and had a lot of questions at the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Revenant.