Lorena's Reviews > Burning Bridges

Burning Bridges by Nadège Richards

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from July 07 to 10, 2012

** spoiler alert ** First I'd like to thank Nadège for giving me the opportunity to have the eARC.

I'll start talking about the cover change, I love BOTH of them, yet I think the first one suits the book better, in my opinion it gives of the sense of Echo as the character the book describes, what I like about the second one is the detail of the Bleeding Heart necklace, I really love that.

Now getting to what really is important:

This is the first book I've ever read by an indie author and I must say that I'm really happy about it, I got to read a beautiful yet tragic story written in a very talented way.

The story of Ayden and Echo makes you feel every single thing the characters are experimenting, I found myself lost in Echo's sad life, being a princess is not who she is or what she wanted yet she does it to please her kingdom and more importantly, her father.

In the other side, there's Ayden, a boy whose life has always been about taking care of his siblings and mother while his father drowns himself in alcohol.

Two character that could never have thought they had something in common yet they find comfort in each other, and that's what really loved, they couldn't be more different but they're perfect for each other.

This is a very well written novel, one I'm sure I'll purchase once the paperback version is released, I'm definitely dying to read the next book and see what'll happen with these starcrossed lover.

Congratulations Nadège Richards, you're an awesome author and I know you will be very successful

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Bridges.

Quotes Lorena Liked

Nadège Richards
“I had no tears to shed nor a prayer for the deceased... There is no hope for the hopeless.”
Nadège Richards, Burning Bridges

Nadège Richards
“Today is yesterday's victory, yesterday is tomorrow's conquest, and tomorrow is today's war. Though I face death, I am not fearsome.”
Nadège Richards, Burning Bridges

07/07/2012 page 20
07/10/2012 page 73
24.0% ""Some of us are born to live and to fight, Echo. Others are born to fight for their right to live. When those two collide, there’s hell to pay""
show 6 hidden updates…