Mandy Moody's Reviews > The Prophet

The Prophet by Amanda Stevens

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: fanstasy, mysterious
Read in June, 2012

The Prophet was my favorite book in the trilogy - I thought it tied up all the aspects of the story very nicely.

What I liked:
Amelia's feeling for Devlin - very believable, very powerful feelings. I love the way she remains obsessed with him despite knowing that he isn't good for her.
The story of Robert Freemont. When he appeared in the first book I didn't forsee him becoming so important to the plot. I loved his part.
The return of old characters - Temple, Ethan Shaw, Dr. Shaw...I was as glad to be home as Amelia was.
Shani's ghost - what a creepy yet endearing character she was.
Mariana's ghost - she was an awesome villain.
Darius Goodwine - another scary character. The grey dust, the blue powder he blows through the air...all very chill-inducing!

What kept it from being a 5 star book:
Book 3 picked up right where book 1 left off - book 2 was rendered meaningless by this final installment. Sure, it gave us more insight into Amelia's character and provided a break for her and Devlin, but the book itself was BETTER than those things.
I wish that the Graveyard Queen books were going to be a SERIES instead of just a trilogy. Perhaps if we were to move on and read more about Amelia's adventures in other places with other people, the 2nd book would have some meaning again. I like the idea of returning to her home from time to time, but of mostly traveling with her. I would read more Graveyard Queen books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prophet.