Kristina's Reviews > Burn for Burn

1966353
Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: arc-egalley-for-review
Read on June 06, 2012

Holy crap! I was not expecting such an amazingly fantastic read. I read Burn for Burn within two hours. I literally could not put it down. I've never been a big fan of books about revenge, I always found them to be immature in a way. But I fell in love with the cover and I am a fan of both authors, so I decided to give it a shot. Yes, it is a book about revenge, but the three girls have so much character and are so interesting and the book is about a lot more then revenge. There is also a little hint of something supernatural that is going on, and I can not wait to see what happens next!!

The story is told in the POV of Mary, Lillia and Kat. The three of them come from different backgrounds and social statues, but they each have a story that causes them to want to get revenge on someone else. Mary just moved back to Jar Island. Even though she has lived their most of her life, she went to a private school on the mainland and the only person she knew from her hometown was Reeve. But Reeve ruined her life completely and she is sick of letting what he did destroy her. She wants to move on. Lillia is the popular girl but when she finds out her best friend, Alex might have slept with her 15 year old sister, she knows she is going to have to do something about it. Lastly, there is Kat. She was once friends with the most popular girl in school, Rennie, but when Rennie thought Kat wasn't cool anymore, they stopped being friends. All three girls come together to seek revenge on the three people who have hurt them.

I absolutely loved how the story unfolded. Piece by piece you learn who these girls are and what happened in their lives that caused them to seek revenge. Some of the things they did weren't that bad, while others could have some horrible consequences.

I really enjoyed every single character in this book, especially the three girls! At first it was a little hard to keep them straight, but once I figured it out, I realized how completely different their voices really were. I really liked Alex and always had a feeling that something wasn't right with what he did to earn his punishment. Even though Reeve was an asshole, he definitely intrigued me. I hope to learn more about him in upcoming books.

Burn for Burn was a great read, I couldn't help but eagerly await what was going to happen next to the victims, but their are always consequences for your actions and I think the girls are going to learn that sooner, rather then later! I can't wait for book two. I need it now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burn for Burn.

06/06/2012 page 235
64.0% "Oh my god. So good. Can't put it down."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal Serowka Grrr, I'm jealous you got to read this already! I'm happy you liked it though and I look forward to reading it myself!

Kristina Crystal wrote: "Grrr, I'm jealous you got to read this already! I'm happy you liked it though and I look forward to reading it myself!"

I hope you enjoy it too! Let me know what you think :)