Susan's Reviews > At His Command

At His Command by Karen Anders

I love a good military romance and this one was very good. Sia was on the ship to investigate a pilot death, and nearly lost her life at the hands of who she thought was the murderer. When she returned home, she was immediately sent back to investigate another death - this time with a NCIS agent as lead investigator. That agent was her former lover and brother's best friend, and the man she held responsible. Chris had no intention of backing away from this investigation because of Sia's presence. He had finally put the events of that day behind him, and planned to do his job, with or without her help. Sia was very good at her job, but suffered from a bit of tunnel vision when it came to Chris and her brother's death. She just didn't seem to be able to move on from his death without being able to find someone to blame. One thing she didn't expect was that they were still intensely attracted to each other. As their investigation progressed, Sia suffered from a series of accidents, and it became apparent that someone didn't want her to investigate. I really liked Chris and his healthy attitude, and the way he tried to help Sia. The conclusion was very intense, and I loved the epilogue.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At His Command.