Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Ashen Winter

Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin

Sep 06, 13

bookshelves: arc, e-book, wishlist
Read on June 06, 2012

Honestly I didn't know how I was going to write this review again. I erased it by accident. And it was finished, and ready to be coded. Complete fail on my part.

This is the second book in a series so it may contain spoilers if you haven't read Ashfall.

The trials and tribulations that Alex and Darla go through are intense to say the least. I didn't really understand their fast paced relationship, but I'm only guessing they had to mature quite quickly because of their current situation. I guess you form quick relationships when you're trying to survive! There's non-stop action in this read and I happen to love stories that keep on punching out scenes that have your heart racing.

This post-apocalyptic book is written well with the research with such a realistic point of view that I found myself googling volcanoes that could erupt in my spare time. There's also the brilliant relationships that Mike Mullin forms and our hero Alex does everything he can to save the people he loves. It pretty much ripped my heart apart then came together again with minor stitches along the way because that's how good it was.

Highly recommended for any reader who likes end-of-the-world survival stories!

Thank you NetGalley for approving my request!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashen Winter.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alba (new) - added it

Alba  BookPics I loved both, I thought they were really different when plot talking :D

Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada Alba wrote: "I loved both, I thought they were really different when plot talking :D"

Yes the plots were different and I loved how this one showed more obscure natures of humans. So gross how the flense people..*shudders*

message 3: by Alba (new) - added it

Alba  BookPics Giselle wrote: "Alba wrote: "I loved both, I thought they were really different when plot talking :D"

I shuddered nonstop with them O_O specially in that scene where he's hiding near a certain...'storage' room... X_X