UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...'s Reviews > Love Comes Softly

Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke

Aug 08, 10

bookshelves: reviewed-by-me, christian-historical-romance, 4-stars, author-janette-oke
Recommended to UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... by: Megan, my daughter.
Recommended for: Fans of Christian romance.

I love this entire series of books.

Janette Oke is such a wonderful author. The characters have flaws, but they always, always try to do the right thing. The stories are sweet, real, and always teach a valuable lesson.

If you're looking for a "feel good" Christian romance that doesn't contain any explicit sexual content, then I'd strongly encourage you to give these stories a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Comes Softly.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Lovely review, Dhestiny! Have you watched the tv movies on Hallmark?

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I have! I enjoyed them very much. :) I've read all of her books I can get my hands on, too.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I hate it when I hit "send" before I'm through typing! LOL

There are a few Christian romance authors who I just adore. Sometimes I need to sit down with a heartfelt, uplifting story and I can always depend on them to deliver.

I've recently picked up a couple of Amish books... Wanda Brunstetter or something like that. I'm looking forward to giving them a try, too.

What about you, have you read any of Janette Oke's books?

And thank you for your kind words :)

message 4: by DarienMoya (new)

DarienMoya UM, I read some Amish books a few years ago and they were so good. I can't even remeber the names or author (getting old). They were really good.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Darien!! I really love reading about different cultures, religions and lifestyles in fictional novels! The Amish ones I have are Allison's Journey and Going Home by Wanda Brunstetter. Have you read those?

If you happen to remember the ones you read and loved, I'd really appreciate it if you could pass that on to me :) No hurry though, only if the titles come to you.

message 6: by DarienMoya (last edited Aug 08, 2010 11:06AM) (new)

DarienMoya I will try to remember, because now its buggin me. They were so sweet, I remember one about like a 20th century female who wore pants and stuff,lol. Vissited her cousins who were amish and fell in love with amish man and created so much difficulty because sshe wanted him like bad, and he had to abide by his customs and it was just so interesting to read.

There was no sex, maybe fade to black I cant remember but it was the emotion and everything that made it so good.

message 7: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Dhestiny...I have read the first book in Janette Oke's series and really liked it. I also loved the first three movies that were on Hallmark too. I have always been meaning to watch the others so I need to catch up when they do a marathon again. Have you read any books by Catherine Marshall? I loved Christy and wish that television series was still on. Although, I think it has been off the air for ten or fifteen years. I remember watching it when I first started teaching. Ack! Time goes by too quickly!!!

message 8: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Darien...I don't know about anyone else, but I am okay with not having a lot of steamy scenes if the story is really good. I am reading a series by Jodi Thomas right now that isn't super steamy, but the romance is so beautiful that I don't even miss it.

message 9: by DarienMoya (new)

DarienMoya Lady A,I am ok with that too sometimes, if the story and plot is really good you won't miss it.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thank you, Darien and Lady A. Lady A, I added Christy to my books to consider list.

Darien, that story you described sounds really good!

There are times when I really enjoy stories, like Janette Oke's, that are beautiful relationships without all the sex.

message 11: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I have never read the books but have seen all the movies and really liked them. The man (can't remember his name) I thought was so romantic.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I agree, Katherine! You don't have to have sex to make things romantic!