Kerry's Reviews > All Wound Up: The Yarn Harlot Writes for a Spin

All Wound Up by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: everything

All Wound Up is a collection of essays about a variety of things. Of course, having being written by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (a.k.a. The Yarn Harlot) there is lots of witty, funny things about yarn, knitting and knitters. Personal favorites include: Knit Junkie” in which the Harlot turns to the DSM-IV’s definition of addiction to see if she does have a knitting problem, “Personal Filters” in which she reveals all the wonderfully snarky things she would like to say in response to the questions non-knitters always ask knitters, “Crytosopophilia” which muses on the things we see and what we infer from them when we get quick little glimpses into someone’s life, and “The Cool Table” which discusses our efforts to fit in and feel comfortable in our own skins and where that might lead us. But in addition to all the great knitting anecdotes, there are some essays that breaks out of knitting culture to reflect on moments of day to day life. From the death of a beloved washing machine to a love affair with the quiet peace of nighttime, Stephanie’s writing is funny and insightful whether she writes about yarn or life.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Wound Up.