R.J. Gonzales's Reviews > 13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Jun 06, 12

Read on June 06, 2012

Review originally posted at: RJ Does Books!

Before Ginny's Runaway Aunt Peg died, she began writing letters to the niece she left behind which she places in little blue envelopes. When her time came, the package yielding these letters are sent to Ginny and she sets out on a mission to complete the 13 little tasks in honor of her late aunt. What follows is the story of a girl taking a risk to travel Europe alone and encounter many different people and explore the world and have an adventure, much like her aunt did.

I remember when I was a freshman back in high school nearly six years ago, I picked up this book at my library and took it home. Due to time constraints and a fear of having to pay a late fee, I never got around to reading it. Fast forward to 2012 and I buy the ebook for my new(ish) kindle.

What interested me then AND now was the synopsis. A girl traveling Europe and having an adventure while she completes these tasks. It's fun and fresh, and I could totally see it as a movie. Hello? Doesn't that sound fun? I would have loved to have spent a summer doing that! (deceased family member to make it happen aside that is) Ginny is an interesting character. Even though I never really got a full understanding of her, she still held her own in the story, and I couldn't help but find myself rooting for her and Keith. Yes, there is romance in this book. It wasn't one that quite quenched my romance junkie thirst, but it was cute.

13 Little Envelopes was a very cute, fun, and fast read. Definitely perfect to escape with and have a little temporary vacation alongside Ginny. I really enjoyed it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

06/06/2012