Amy's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Alyson Noel

This is the first book I've read by the author and can't say I'm at all impressed by her writing style. There are a wealth of young adult novels out there that are worth the time and money spent on them, but this wasn't one of them.

Noel's characters are one-dimensional at best and irritating at worst. Her writing may be more immature than the audience she's targetingm leaving me frankly surprised a publishing house picked it up. It took me forever to finish this book because I kept abandoning it for other things, but I finally powered through only to find it wasn't worth the effort.

While this wasn't the worst book I've ever read, I wouldn't have given it a full 2 stars if we were able to choose 1/2 stars. Alyson Noel writes with the pulsing drama and angst of a teen which may appeal to her reader base, but truly mature young adults (and older readers who appreciate young adult novels) will find it sadly lacking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

06/19/2012 page 50
14.0% "I'm struggling with this and have abandoned it to move on to other things. I'll return in a bit to see if it's me or if it's the book itself."

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Cinaglia Let me know what you think of this. I tried reading her "Evermore" series and found it sickeningly sweet and fluffy. I couldn't get past the first book. It was like Twilight on steroids.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy It wasn't worth the money spent on it - just not very well written if you ask me.