Madeleine's Reviews > The Winds of Winter

The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin

1198255
Jun 06, 2012

bookshelves: to-read, immagetchoo

It took a nearly fatal run-in with a van for Stephen King to finally guide "The Dark Tower" series to its decades-awaited conclusion. What kind of violent sign from the universe will it take to nudge George R. R. Martin toward the "Song of Ice and Fire" finish line?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winds of Winter.

message 1: by Jonathan (new) - added it

Jonathan It will take him having a meeting with Robert Jordan in person I guess..

message 2: by Brent (new)

Brent Fremming Of course, Martin's a big guy, he could have a heart attack like Stieg Larsson on the way to his publisher!

message 3: by Ines (new)

Ines H I hope that the author reads this blog!

message 4: by Roxy (new)

Roxy Can't get ahead of the HBO series now!

message 5: by Shari;-) (new)

Shari;-) I hope it doesnt.... I mean, GRRM is sooo old! He has to finish. I can not live the rest of my life without finishing this series.... And btw... The Dark Tower series was the best thing i had ever read until A Song of Ice and Fire, which is 100 times better. (no offense to SK)

message 6: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Rb Do you really want it to end like TDT??
I don't. That saga has the most frustrating ending ever.

message 7: by Greg (new)

Greg Seriously?!? A van?? Well alright then. I'm investing in a big van... who's with me?

message 8: by James (new)

James Woody Dark Tower ending was the best, what did you want... he gave you the truth same as Memory of Light Did... Neither evil or good is the answer.. it is the yin and yang that makes life interesting, the choices we make (or avoid), not some absolute. And from what I have heard do not count out more than two books... These things are going to get split and we could end up with as many as ten. So Brandon Sanderson better be ready to fill in again... cuz GRRM is not going to make it...

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita A cancellation notice from HBO

message 10: by Jonathan (new) - added it

Jonathan Anita wrote: "A cancellation notice from HBO"

Do you have a link to the notice??

message 11: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen at this rate, HBO will have to make up the next couple of seasons, since they won't have a book to follow

message 12: by Fernando (new)

Fernando Freire SK was actually doing some exercise when he was hit by that van. George's problem is quite the opposite.