Liz at Fictional Candy's Reviews > Immortal Ops

Immortal Ops by Mandy M. Roth

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: werewolf, shifter
Read from June 06 to 10, 2012

I’m happy to say I have a new author that I can’t wait to read more on – and especially from this series. Immortal Ops is the first book in the Immortal Ops series. I think it is a fabulous start, and there are four other books with the most recent one being published this year.

Book one is Lukian and Peren’s story. Right away I was happy to see names I have never seen before. That always strikes a good chord with me; it means these characters don’t have to battle with other characters in my brain for who comes to mind when I hear the name.

Peren has recently lost her fiancé – he disappeared about eight months ago. She is still grieving his absence and her friends, Melanie and Missy, decide she needs to get out and have some fun. The bar is the destination, and men are the fun. The best way to get over an old man is to get under a new one, right?

Lukian is the head of a paramilitary team, and they’ve been hired to eliminate Peren. He and his team are waiting at the bar when the women arrive. But hold up! There are instant attractions between a couple members of the team and the women. And something else is not right. Lukian can’t put his finger on it, but he calls it off. Abort mission men, this one is done. Thank goodness! Because the story that happens afterward is completely exciting and full of action!

Suddenly Peren is taking off from the bar and on foot no less. Lukian takes off after her and is surprised to find her under attack from other wolves. What?!?! Someone really wants this girl dead. Not good, because Lukian really feels the need to protect her.

Ms Roth’s werewolves have something I affectionately call the “Instant Mate Syndrome”. I totally am waiting for my own case of IMS, so please don’t get me wrong – this is a positive in my book. When a big alpha male of a wolf shifter looks at you, and all he can think is, “Mine” you know you are in for a rockin’ good time. And this is no exception in Immortal Ops. Her wolves are tough and protective.

But there’s more than just wolves in this story, which I find fascinating. You are going to get all kinds of shifters; rat, panther, tiger. And even above and beyond that there are more para-beings that emerge throughout the storyline. I totally loved the variety in characters. I’m really looking forward to seeing how they play out in the rest of the series.

I don’t want to tell you too much else about the plotline, I really want you to see for yourself. The intimate scenes are hot and steamy, with a little bit of pov-switching which worked out really well. The action is on high and the suspense level was terrific. There are enough twists and turns that I was interested the entire way through. If you are into shifters at all, I highly recommend you check this book out. At 129 pages it has the feel of a longer novel, you don’t feel like you’ve been shorted on any aspect of the story. So give it a shot, see if you like it too!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Ops.

06/07/2012
100.0% "Review to come, 6-10-12"