Peter Meredith's Reviews > The Hunt for Red October

The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy

Jun 06, 2012

After reading Fifty Shades of Girl Smut, I think I need a manly book. The Hunt for Red October seems virile enough. Strong sweaty men...at sea...with not a woman in sight. Wait a sec! What am I getting in to? They better not start singing, "In the Navy" or "Y.M.C.A." And if there's even a single fashion tip, I'm tossing this book!
Wow, what a wonderful book. This is number two on my Clancy book list, right behind Red Storm Rising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt for Red October.

02/22/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie "Fifty Shades of Girl Smut" cracked me up.

message 2: by Will (last edited Jun 09, 2012 03:33PM) (new)

Will Byrnes Fashion tip - crisp, ironed and salty

aPriL does feral sometimes Fifty shades is enough to make anyone sing YMCA, including girls...

Holly Ortega OMGoodness, I pulled Red October out to reread, after just sitting and listening to the girls go on and on about Fifty Shades of (they should have called it RED) lol lol lol.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy No need for stereotyping. The Navy is as much a fighting force as the other services. And I am retired Army!

Lenny Husen Awesome review, Dude.

Jeffrey Adaszewski What are you talking about? It's a great book. I really don't understand you going off on a tangent and listing Village People songs. Just rate the book, your jokes aren't funny.

Katrina Stadalman be my frrrrrrrrrrrrreind

message 9: by Liam (new) - added it

Liam Lol. This is totally on my 'to-read' list for 2016.

Jessalyn Best review ever.

message 11: by Noon (new)

Noon I totally agree with you bout the 50 shades of girl smut that was one horrible book 😂😂😂 the author just wanted to write about sex and guess what she sucks even at that ☺