Jenna Anderson's Reviews > On the Day I Died: Stories from the Grave

Jun 06, 2012

bookshelves: netgalley
Read in June, 2012

A Unique Collection of Stories

On The Day I Died is a unique and extremely creative collection of death stories. The author does a fantastic job of giving the reader eight distinct tales. I enjoyed the different settings, voices, and delivery of each story.

You may be thinking, “I don’t read short story collections.” Well, you need to pick up this one. The group is joined in a fun way and I zoomed through the entire book quickly. I wanted to find out what they all had to say and also discover what the entire night meant for Mike, the only living character of this book.

Parents, teachers, and librarians will need to decide if this title is appropriate for young readers. The description states it is recommended for ages 11 and up. Some of the stories are quite raw, scary, and gruesome. I think it would be well tolerated by kids aged 13 and older. Don’t let the bright cartoon-colored cover fool you. Some of these stories are very creepy. They are all about someone’s death.

A fun read. I am so glad I picked this one up. The author has a talent of writing wonderful scenery and action sequences. Well done.

~ This title was received as a review copy via NetGalley and Random House Children's Books
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Day I Died.