Lisa (Badass Bookie)'s Reviews > A Witch in Winter

A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton

Jun 14, 12

Read from June 06 to 11, 2012

The Short Story ? - A delightful read with a fresh take on paranormal romance! A Witch in Winter's small seaside town setting is perfect for the eerily beautiful story that Warburton has written! Fantastic characters including a adorably sweet protagonist and a gorgeous boy with a english accent! A Witch in Winter is definitely not one to be missed if you're a fan for witchcraft, the english scenery and a romance like no other, this one is for you! :)

The Long Story ? - A Witch in Winter is one of those books that you can easily slip into and lose track of time. One of my favourite things about this novel was the setting, the little town of Winter has this memorising quality about it. The way I picture it - it's a tiny town, dark, eerie and quiet. The perfect setting for a witchy paranormal! Another thing I loved was the romance tagline, for Anna and Seth it wasn't love at first sight, it was love at first love potion! I love that Anna accidentally bewitched Seth and how their fake romances eventually turned into a real one! I love the mystery behind Anna's witch heritage. I really enjoyed the majority of the plot but I thought the ending was a little too timid? I would have thought the "final battle" would have been bigger? Perhaps longer? I don't know! Overall, it was still one of the better paranormal reads I've read this year!

The characterisation was well done! Anna is a very done-to-earth and easily likeable girl! She's nice, sweet and funny! Normally I wouldn't buy the whole nice girl and most popular guy ever romance but it kinda works with A Witch in Winter because it all started out as a accidental bewitching! Seth is extremely likeable and not just because he's good-looking and speaks in a english accent but he's love for Anna really comes through as the novel progresses and I thought it was extremely sweet how much in love they are! I also really liked Abe ( who I thought was totally badass) and Emmeline who might be a little socially awkward but is a loyal friend and a great witch!

A Witch in Winter is definitely a novel work checking out! With all the paranormal romances out there featuring vampire this and werewolf that, it's good to go back to basics where magic WAS the paranormal! I'm so lucky to have acquired a copy for the sequel because I can't wait to see what happens next! Beautifully written, great plot, fantastic romance and the town of Winter is just magical! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Witch in Winter.

06/06/2012 page 51