Sarah's Reviews > Changeling

Jun 11, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: r2r-complete, read-2012
Read on June 11, 2012

(Source: I borrowed a copy of this book.)
It is 1453. Isolde's father has just died. She understood that he had left his castle and possessions to her, but now that he has died her brother claims all was left to him. He tells Isolde that she must marry this prince (suposedly selected by her father) and recieve a very small dowery, or become a nun. Isolde thinks on her options, but when the prince comes to her room that night and tries to rape her, she realises her only option is to become a nun.

Luca is a changeling who from the age of 11 was brought up by monks. He has a gift for numbers, and has been sent on some kind of quest to investigate the number zero, and negative numberS.

I don't mind historical fiction when the story interests me, but this just didn't. I was just bored right from the start. I wasn't really sure where Luca's quest was taking him, and I immediately hated Isolde's brother and the way he was treating her.

I have to admit that I only picked this book up because I liked the cover. Don't think I'm going to be able to finish this one though. I know a book is boring when I consider doing the dusting instead of reading.
Glad other people enjoyed it, but definitely not for me.
4 out of 10.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling.

06/11/2012 page 36
14.0% "Bit boring. Hate the princesses brother - after their father died he told her she had to marry this creep who tried to rape her, or become a nun - total pig!! I'm sure he changed their father's will so that he got everything and she got nothing! Angry!"
06/11/2012 page 57
21.0% "Totally skim reading. Just not very interesting. Considering doing some tidying instead!"