Cynthia E Sherman's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Jun 06, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 06 to 17, 2012

This was a Good Reads first reads book giveaway. Thus far I am hooked. The characters are interestng as is the plot. I will update again as I finish, but I just wanted to say that as of right now I am a fan. I wish I read the first installment.

Finished, finally. It took me several days to finish. I truly enjoyed this book. It took me several chapters to get into it, but once I did, I was hooked. Throughout the relationship between Sydney and Brayden, I kept thinking that he was going to go against her. He seemed too perfect. I was glad at the end when that turned out to not be the case.
I secretly wanted her and Adrian to be together, even though I know it is not allowed. The chemistry between them is undeniable and fun to watch and envision.
I did enjoy the magic aspect. I would love to read a sequel and have the magic play an important part in the plot. Sydney can and will do great things as her magic improves. That is if a sequel comes into play.
This is a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

06/06/2012 page 1
0.0% "I just received the book today. Thank you so much. I can not wait to begin reading."
06/13/2012 page 100
24.0% "I like this book so far. I am so glad that this is a first read giveaway."