Zoltán Gecse's Reviews > Cassafire

Cassafire by Alex J. Cavanaugh

M 50x66
Oct 27, 12

Read from October 04 to 27, 2012

I've got high expectations about this book. The Cassastar's sequel was great as I wanted to before read. If you liked the first book of the author you'll love this one too. If you didn't read the first book of his, then go and read it! Are you still there? OK, you can read the Cassafire without any knowledge from the Cassafire.

Alex J. Cavanaugh introduced a new face of his pilot-hero, Byron. We met him after 20 years the events of Cassastar, and everything looks like nothing important happend the missed time. Byron works for a small exploration ship as a shuttle- or security guard pilot. According to the first pages he totally content with his actual status, living without real friends or close connections.

He got a new assignment, to help a group of explorers and scientist who found a strange excavation site. There he met the Tgrens and some friends too. I don't want to spoil anything but you can find space battle, romance, a mystic race and new mental powers.

I think the story is good, however some events are preditactable, but I ran into some suprise eighter. The story was easy to read, I could read pages by pages without recognizing the pass of time.

I recommend this easy-going sci-fi story for ones who like the fantasy-elements in sci-fi environment and not fear from a small romance.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cassafire.

10/10/2012
25.0% "This book is really enjoyable. BUT I think I found some strange mistypes in the text, ie. hangar > hanger."