Steve Robinson's Reviews > To the Grave

To the Grave by Steve  Robinson

Jun 06, 2012

(Review from the author)

I'm the author of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Grave.

04/23/2016 marked as: read

Breia Congratulations! I look forward to reading this.

message 2: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Hi Breeze and thank you. I hope you like you. :o)

Alison Just bought this - looking forward to it!

message 4: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Thanks very much Alison. My launch nerves are settling down now after a seeing a few early reviews. Do let me know what you think.

Alison If it's anything like as good as In the Blood, you've got absolutely nothing to worry about! I was going to save it until I go on holiday next month as I like to have something I'm fairly certain I'm going to like without having to "get into" but may not be able to resist! Anyway, if I don't come back soon, it's probably because I've managed to resist, not that I don't like it!

message 6: by Steve (last edited Jun 08, 2012 02:32PM) (new) - added it

Steve Robinson You'll have to be strong. Next month seems like an awfully long time away. Have a good break.

Bernie Morris I haven't bought it yet but will do ASAP. Look forward to reading it.

message 8: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Thanks Bernadette. I hope you enjoy it. :o)

Breia Well done Steve. Keep up the good work!

message 10: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Thanks very much Breeze, and thanks for the review. I'm glad you liked it. Your last words were particularly flattering. :o)

Bernie Morris Just read To the Grave and loved it even though it was very sad what happened to Mena. I love Jefferson Tayte and hope he finds his roots eventually. I want to read the next one now

message 12: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Thanks Bernadette! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for letting me know. I hope JT finds his roots, too, and that there's a happy ending waiting for him. We'll see, but I think I might find an angry mob outside my door if he doesn't - and my mum will be leading it! I hope you like The Last Queen of England, too, when you get to it. :o)

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate Loved the book and reading all your research techniques. You make it sound so easy. Can't wait for your next one.

message 14: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Thanks Kate! The next one is called The Lost Empress and Amazon have just put it up for pre-order. It's out 21 October.

message 15: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Steve, I just loved To The Grave, it was even better than In the Blood. I believe your writing skills were better in Grave. I will immediately order the next two books. I also research genealogy and love reading about Jefferson's techniques. I hope that someday both you and Jefferson solve your brick walls. I didn't catch an explanation of whatever caused the split between Mary and her daughter. Her daughter wouldn't have known about Danny, so what was it?

message 16: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Hi Jan, I'm glad you enjoyed reading To the Grave, and thanks for letting me know. I can't really answer your question here without spoilers, which others might see. Perhaps you could email me?

message 17: by Abi (last edited Dec 04, 2015 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi Steve, I loved this book! It was an amazing story and I loved every page of it. It also left me with so much practical lessons.
You can learn a lot about the past, and this story is the best to learn from! It moved me so deep, and by the end I was sobbing. I felt so close to Mena as JT did. Amazing book!
However, I have the same question as Jan's .. Whatever happened with Mary and her daughter, why did they split?
Thank you so much for this book. Regards from Mexico.....should JT come visit to find more clues as where to find her birth mother?

message 18: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Abbie wrote: "Steve, I loved this book! It was an amazing story and I loved every page of it. It also left me with so much practical lessons.
You can learn a lot about the past, and this story is the best to le..."

Hi Abbie,

I'm so glad you enjoyed To the Grave so much. I think Mena is pretty special and I shed quite a few tears myself while writing the book. She, and the whole situation really got to me. With Mary and her mother, I imagined that what happened created a rift between them that Mary could never reconcile with. I don't want to drop any spoilers in here, but I hope you know what I mean.

I'm sure JT will be back down Mexico way sometime in the future. ;o)

Sharon Fantastic ! What a great, mysterious and heart rending story!
Brilliantly interwoven and complex example of how a very simple misunderstanding can ruin many lives.
Brought a tear to my eye toward the end ...and a rare 5 star rating from me!
I look forward to recommending this to my bookworm friends, and am now looking forward to going back and starting with your first book in this series and the others .

message 20: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Hi Sharon!
I'm glad you enjoyed reading To the Grave so much, and thanks for taking the time to get in touch to let me know. I shed a few tears myself while I was writing it, so I'm glad the emotion came across. Thanks, too, for recommending me to your friends. I really do appreciate it.
Steve.

Sonnet Fitzgerald If no one has told you lately, you are a very talented author! This is an unusually great read, I plan on picking up everything else I can in the series.

Also this editor thanks you for producing a professional, high quality book. It makes the reading experience so much better!

message 22: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Sonnet wrote: "If no one has told you lately, you are a very talented author! This is an unusually great read, I plan on picking up everything else I can in the series.

Also this editor thanks you for producing ..."

Hi Sonnet, and thanks for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the other books in the series. :o)

Maria Elisa As I've told you before your books are delightful. Keep writing! ❤️

message 24: by Steve (last edited Jan 29, 2017 12:28AM) (new) - added it

Steve Robinson Hi Maria! Thank you. I'm writing away and hope to do so for many years to come. You keep reading 'em and I'll keep writing 'em. :o)