Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > The Hallowed Ones

The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle

Jul 25, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read
Read from July 09 to 10, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect from The Hallowed Ones. The sweet cover didn't really shout, thriller or even paranormal to me.
Do not let the innocent sweet cover fool you. This book is all that it promises and more.

This isn't your typical book about a dystopian world ruled by vampires. These aren't your fun loving sparkling vamps either. These are serious, blood sucking, glowing red eye, body destroying monsters.

The kind that nightmares are made out of.

I really liked Katie. She was such a strong brave character. I couldn't imagine being in an Amish community like the one she was in and having to make the decision and choices that she did to protect those she loved and to do what was right while risking her whole future. She risked being banned from her community, being shunned and thrown out and still she made the right choices. The compassionate choices.

She didn't want to sit around and watch those she knew and loved make bad choices and put the rest of her community under threat. She has a really good head on her shoulders, I really admired that about her. It couldn't have been easy.

I felt sad for her at times. Her whole world was changed in an instant. Things and people she knew were different and they would never be the same again. She would never be the same again.

The romance in this one was very subtle, but very sweet all the same. I really liked how it ended. Katie's future was still up in the air and anything was possible but it left it open for a sequel, which I really hope there will be one soon because I would love to read more of her story and to see where she and the others go from here. To see what the Outside world has become.

I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to ruin the story for anyone else but if you are looking for something different. For vampires that are evil and bad. For a dystopian unlike others out there right now, then this is one read you really shouldn't miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hallowed Ones.

07/09/2012 page 200