Amy's Reviews > The Clayborne Brides: One Pink Rose, One White Rose, One Red Rose

The Clayborne Brides by Julie Garwood

F 50x66
Jun 23, 12

Read in June, 2012

This is three short stories about three of the brothers from "For the Roses" falling in love. It is pretty much straight love story, not much sexual content. The first two stories aren't bad, just formulaic. The third story is the reason I gave this book two stars instead of three. I thought it was ridiculous to completely ignore the fact that Adam was African-American and living in the wild west. You wouldn't even know it unless you read the first book as he is just described as having dark hair and dark eyes. I realize the author couldn't get into it too much because it's a fluffy romance, but to not even acknowledge it drove me crazy.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clayborne Brides.

Cherry-Ann I agree with you Amy. I just finished reading the book and I liked that story the least for no other reason than I just could not picture the protagonists. It was when Gen was being co-opted to sing in the saloon that there's mention of her ancestors coming from Africa. I suppose his being a "runaway slave" should have been enough of a heads up, says publisher.