Derrick Valdez's Reviews > All the Lovely Bad Ones

All the Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn

M 50x66
Jun 07, 12

All the Lovely Bad Ones is classic ghost story that just gives me thrills. The story is about a brother and sister, Cory and Travis, who love pranking. They even get kicked out of their summer camp and are forced to stay with their grandmother at her inn for the summer. With the number of people staying at the inn decreasing, for the lack of supposed ghosts, the children plan to increase that number. They scare many of the guests, from making sounds through the halls, to dressing up as ghosts. But, it irritates the dormant ghosts that rest at the in. It turns out that the inn used to be a poorhouse, a government run facility that takes care of needy people, such as old people, but in this case, orphan children. A trio of boys appear, Caleb, Ira, and Seth, who promise to stop their mischief if they get rid of the woman who killed them, Miss Ada Jaggs. They finally exorcise Miss Ada, and the trio of ghost boys live at peace.
I LOVE this book for its classicism to horror stories. If you're a fan of ghost busters, there are some goofy and awkward ghost busters that are attracted by the arisen "ghost appearances". If you're a fan of Paranormal Activity, there's definitely a lot of evil and creepy stuff in it as well. I'm also personally a fan of pure horror stories/movies, but this story seems to be entertaining for everyone. Although the age group for this book is an elementary/young teen audience, the descriptions are vivid and might actually be frightening to some viewers. Again, with me being a fan of this book, I believe it would make a great movie adaption as well.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Lovely Bad Ones.