Jennifer Day's Reviews > Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

Bipolar 101 by Ruth C. White

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading

This is one of those books you don't necessarily have to read chapter by chapter but it does help when you do. I've been diagnosed as bipolar for over 10 years, closer to 15 actually and I wish this book had been there in the beginning. While not everything in it applies to everyone with this disorder it does have many useful tools and definitions as well as what basically amounts to homework to help you understand the intricacies and complications that arise with many bipolar people. I haven't finished it yet but so far I have learned quite a bit about myself and now realize that more of my past behaviors can be directly tied to this disorder which helps me a lot in the lifelong recovery process. The book can be overly simple at times but I still find it extremely helpful and recommend it to those that want to learn more about the disorder that they or their loved ones are forced to deal with daily. My Mother wants to read it next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bipolar 101.