Katie's Reviews > The Void

The Void by Brett J. Talley

Jun 11, 12

Read from June 05 to 08, 2012

I'm having a hard time rating this book. I should probably give it 5 stars because of the writing style and the originality of the book, but I am going to account for personal preference.

This book is a sci-fi kind of book that made me think of old star trek episodes when they would say "full warp speed ahead" but that is where the similarities ended. Talley had an original view of what would happen if we, as humans, could accomplish space travel and what the consequences would be. There weren't any aliens or different species in this book, just humans traveling light years beyond. I thought he did a very nice job with the details, and I could see the images he was describing in my head. The horror of the book was undeniable.

I personally didn't care for the ending so much and that is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, although the writing probably deserves the highest rating.

I recommend this book to people who like horror or to people who like science fiction and the two groups do not necessarily need to be combined as I am not a fan of sci-fi books normally but I did enjoy this read.

Talley is an excellent writer that I personally enjoy more than Steven King or other well known authors out there. He deserves to be one of those authors that is a household name.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Void.

06/05/2012 page 50
20.0% "So far so good. I'm not normally a sci fi sort of gal, but I'm digging this! But then again, Mr. Talley is one of those authors that I think I would enjoy whatever they write they do it so well!"
06/07/2012 page 112
45.0% "I am now just past the 'dreams' I think i know, but you Talley tends to surprise me so we'll see."
show 1 hidden update…