Kristy's Reviews > The Perfect Wife

2079018
Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012, historical-love, hott-spots, loved-it, yay-quotes
Read from June 04 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy

I really loved this book. I love stories where the female is somewhat strong and can hold her own amongst the men in her world. She is shocking and sometimes scandalous with her behavior and the the male love interest can't resist her despite his better judgement. haha This was one of those stories.

Nicholas, a well known rake, falls in love with a woman he thought would be a perfect wife. His idea of a perfect wife is a proper lady, who would make a comfortable home and make all the necessary public appearances to help him build his career in the government. Throughout the book his idea of a perfect wife changes as he gets to know Sabrina, the woman he originally thought would be the perfect, boring wife he was seeking.

I loved their journey. I really loved all the characters in it. At first I didn't like Wynne, she annoyed me. But after the women were thrown in the mummy pit my opinion of her changed. I found her personality pretty funny instead of annoying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite Quotes

This was after Nicholas and Matt got into a fight and Nicholas was unconscious in his and Sabrina's private cabin. Sabrina was tending his wounds and this was the first thing she said to him after seeing his beat up body.

"Bloody hell, Nicholas, you've gone and done it now." She dipped a rag into a basin of water and dabbed at his battered face. "You've made me love you."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Wife.