L.E.Olteano 's Reviews > Blood Guilt

Blood Guilt by Marie Treanor

5203869
Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: blog-review, book-tour, reviewed, received-for-review
Read from June 13 to 16, 2012

The cover had, as often covers do, the effect of getting me curious. I remember seeing a couple titles by this author somewhere, somehow, I might have even gotten one of them and never got to read it (like all the other hundreds of ebooks I've hoarded...), I don't know, but I remembered wanting to read one. So when this opportunity presented itself, I was all on board. I would have been even if I hadn't ever heard the author's name just because, you know...smexeh cover draws me in. I'm easy like that with PNR :D

Now, jokes aside, I fell in love with this read something like the first 3 lines I think. I was hooked right off the bat, basically. You know sometimes someone's writing just clicks with you instantly, and you're on board from there on, come what may? It happened to me here. The writing just made that much sense to me, on all levels, informational, emotional, style, accessibility, imagery, the works. Awesome writing! I'm sure I'll dig up those other titles now and give them a greedy read, I just get this feeling I'll love everything this author would write, you know what I mean?

The plot flows really well, it's got action, fighting scenes, romantic tension, some adult romance going on ( Huzzah, guys! The romance is like...yummy-licious with cherries on top :D ), all sorts of tension, conflict and acceptance - yes, it does have it all. But as you know by now, if I loved this so much it means it also has the real treat: character development. For more then one character, imagine my delight!

Mihaela was so broken but without needing the fixing, you know? I may or may not have been partial to the fact she's Romanian, like I am :D She has a Romanian name too, and I know you'll totally think me biased here, but she has the spunk, the balcanic fire going on, the beautiful turmoil that just sucks you in and makes your prisoner :D Ok, I am a bit biased, so sue me! But she has the spirit, and it's rare I actually feel that about characters.
Maximilian was, of course, total crush material. Stupid-strong, charismatic, tortured, hot...yummmm. Did I mention hot? Yeah, total drool-material. He did have the complexity of an old vampire, the mystery, the impenetrable depth of soul (stop scoffing!), and, as a bonus, the wits someone who lives for a very long time would develop. You know those vampires that seem to go all, "Uuuuh! What does this button do?"? Well he's not one of those. Badass with style, man, this guy is completely awesome.
And, the best part is yet to come - shocking, I know. It's the chemistry between them. We're talking sparks flying, buildings burning, explosions, earthquakes, solar bursts - that kind of chemistry. I was all grinning and squealing and fidgeting every time these two were together. Serious awesomeness. But their relationship didn't stop there, it wasn't the instalove sort of affair. Feelings developed, they didn't just explode into existence. And I loved how these feelings changed them both, it was a beautiful thing to be a part of.

What else could I say? If you love adult PNR, you just gotta read this baby. Big time entertainment value!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Guilt.

06/13/2012 page 210