Collin's Reviews > Search for Senna

Jun 05, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mythology
Read on June 05, 2012

I don't know. On one hand, I should have loved it. Mythology spewing out from everywhere. (And no Greek gods in sight yet? Thank you, Applegate, for your originality.)

On the other hand... PLEASE let me kill the main characters. Oh my word. I couldn't stand any of them. Except maybe Jalil, but he was still annoying. And Senna? She had better turn evil because I desperately want to pour snake venom on her face.

And don't get me started on how terrifying Loki and his minions were supposed to be. He reminded me of Hades in the Disney Hercules movie - he even burst into flame once. Ha ha. Except Loki wasn't hilarious like Hades was. And his trolls were the Stormtroopers of the Everworld universe only without the sleekly awesome uniform. And maybe half their brains. I will, however, give Jormungandr points for being as creepy as a snake can be with maybe three sheets of page time.

Overall, not particularly impressive. I have the second and fourth book, so I will be continuing to see if it gets better - K.A. Applegate's series usually do - but not with a whole lot of enthusiasm.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Search for Senna.

06/05 page 41
18.0% "...I start reading some random obscure fantasy book to get AWAY from Norse mythology and Loki in particular, and... the villain is Loki?
I. fail. so. hard."