mundiemom5's Reviews > God Save the Queen

God Save the Queen by Kate Locke

4961943
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this from my librarian friend when she returned from the ALA conference in California. I have to say Kate Locke (aka Kady Cross) has written an excellent adult fantasy story. It isn't over powered with overt sexual activity which was fine with me because good stories don't require this element to be good stories (in my opinion). The world that Locke has created is amazing. You have the typical vamps and weres, but also purposely bred half-breds (half human and half vamp or were) and lastly, goblins. The goblins are not like typical goblins. They have the attributes of both the vamps and the weres as they are a product of the two procreating. It's this "halvie" group that sets this story apart. The story revolves around the four children (all halvies) of a duke who is a vampire. Xandra is our heroine and I could easily get into her head! She is a member of the royal guard charged with protecting the 175 year old Queen Victoria. Her sister, Dede, goes missing and that's where the story begins. The most intriguing (and lovable) character of the whole cast was the Goblin Prince. Xandra's interaction with him was the high point, for me, of the story! I sincerely hope there will be more books to this story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Save the Queen.