Jeffrey Poole's Reviews > Quarter the Moon (Blue Moon Detectives Book #3)

Quarter the Moon (Blue Moon Detectives Book #3) by J.H. Sked

Jun 29, 12

Read in June, 2012

The Blue Moon Detectives books have joined the ranks as one of my favorite series!

Seriously, how can you go wrong with a detective agency that has a detective who was born a house cat? A vampire and ghost also are part of the Blue Moon Detective Agency.

This book is a collection of short stories which include two previously published short stories about the same characters. What I really liked about this collection was that there were several new short stories, each giving the reader further insight into the background characters. The first story involved the first meeting of Astrid the vampire and Ruth the ghost. Loved it! And I hate vampires! Anyone who knows me knows that. :) The second took place some years later and shows Billy (the were-cat) as a young boy and what happens when good ol' St. Nick puts in an appearance at the house of a boy who's cared for by a vampire and a ghost. Be at ease. Jolly St. Nick is fine, but comes face to face with a cranky sleep deprived vampire who doesn't enjoy being awakened. Cracks me up!

The other two stories were already published and are well worth reading again. For the sake of keeping the review short, I won't go into those two.

JH, I love these stories and am really hoping for a full-length tale chock full of their hilarious exploits! Well done again!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quarter the Moon (Blue Moon Detectives Book #3).