Muggle Madness's Reviews > Messy

Messy by Heather Cocks

Jun 05, 12

Read in June, 2012

As per tradition, let us dive into the cover! I totally adore it because it ties in PERFECTLY with the title and it looks totally Hollywood glamorous! Spoiled also had an awesome cover, but I gotta say that I adored this one so much more.
On to the story! This book is in 3rd person, I'm not a reader that typically enjoys it very much, so it made things a little more difficult when it came down to keeping all my attention on this particular book.
Max is typically the main character and she's got an attitude I simply adored. She has green hair and has the dream to go on to NYC. No matter what the situation, she'll be repeating to herself "NYC, NYC, NYC". Now that is some dedication, plus it reminds me a little of Calamity & I; our dream is to go to London, England. It'll happen soon *knocks on wood*. Max decides to take up on Brooke's blog to make money in order for her dream to head on to New York City. Max is basically broke and seems to be sick of all the cocky people around her, but she puts up with it. As I said, she is DEDICATED.
It's a very Hollywood glam story fixated around people that plan on hitting it high in the industry and make money. It's all about attention. Moreover, I typically enjoyed this story, Max was kinda funny and I enjoyed her personality because it was so different from the typical mystical creature books I read ALL the time! It was great to take a break from that and try out something that is so much more realistic. It was easy to relate to Max and her goals, but I didn't enjoy how it was written in 3rd person

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Messy.