Bg's Reviews > The Lady of Bolton Hill

The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden

Jun 11, 12

Read from June 05 to 10, 2012, read count: 1

When I picked up this book, I didn't read the description at all. As silly as this by sound, I really liked the cover. But as I began reading, I found that once again, I couldn't put it down. So now, I am sleep deprived but very satisfied.

Clara is sent away to London for twelve years leaving behind her best friend and childhood sweetheart Daniel who has just lost his father. Of course this doesn't keep Daniel down for long and not only makes him rich over the comes years, but also hard as a rock and extremely unforgiving. Clara, after getting into some trouble researching a report of child labor in London, is deported back to Baltimore, Maryland. No only does she try to get her writing career back on track but she also seems to be rekindling her romance with Daniel who still has feelings for her. But its not a simple for them anymore.

This story really took a lot of turns and and twist. Nothing in the way of surprising and 'OMG' worthy, but still very refreshing and original. Clara is a very religious person whereas Daniel feels as though God has done nothing for him. *shake my head*. But I digress.

Overall, for a book that caught my eye just by the pretty cover, I'm glad that I was shallow enough to take it home with me and actually enjoy it, haha. Very sweet love story with a little but of action in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady of Bolton Hill.

06/05/2012 page 12
4.0% "Hmmm, this sounds...interesting"
06/06/2012 page 117
35.0% "Yeah, I can't put this down at the moment XD"
show 1 hidden update…