Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}'s Reviews > Revealing Eden

Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt

I really feel like going: This is bad. Why? BECAUSE IT IS! But I can't do that since it's bad and all. ... I think.

The idea was interesting. The heat didn't seem to be such a big thing though. It was more about Eden and beast-man. Even the saving father seemed like a subplot.

This book was painful. I finished it because I wanted to see if there would be a she-cat. There was. But there was no description so it was a waste of time.

Eden was vain, selfish, and stupid (not to mention all the things I want to call her). From the moment she really looked at the mutated Bramford (who turned into Jaguar Man - yes they actually called him that) she kep calling him sexy and handsome, though she continued to comment on how much she hated his attitude.

Magically, they're in love by the end.

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I did like how she knew all the animal's scientific names. I found that interesting and unique.

Bramford was a jerk, a power-hungry jerk. There wasn't anything I found good about him other than the obvious awesomeness of having some jaguar DNA. Other than that, he was less than great.

The father was an entertaining character, but nothing special. He seemed to not care about his daughter til around the last 20 pages.

Plot and Writing:
The plot was interesting in the beginning, I wanted to see how Foyt managed the segregation idea and jaguar DNA thing was cool. Then the book turned out to be Eden finding someone to mate with. And I mean it. She kept commenting on how she needed to mate and she'd never do it and was bound to live a sad, lonely life.

The author didn't seem to know what she was writing at times. The FFP are "a militant organization of Coals [darker skinned people] that vowed to rid the planet of Pearls." Then, a few pages later:

"Most Pearls [light-skinned people] would give anything to be on my team."
A FFP officer

That was the biggest problem with continuity I found.

The writing was simple. She said, he said, they did, blah. Pretty basic.

What I liked and disliked:
◘ Interesting plot idea
◘ Fun setting
◘ there's a jaguar dude in idiot

◘ Characters
◘ Failed plot
◘ the jaguar dude is an
◘ insta love

In conclusion:
I didn't like this book (not by a long shot). I really don't recommend this book unless you like damsels in distress, jerk love interest, boring plot...

Favorite Character: N/A
Favorite Quote:

In that moment, Eden understood that despite his dramatic physical, deep down Ronson Bramford hadn't changed one bit. He was still the same arrogant bastard.
- Eden

Find this review and more at Domus Libri!
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revealing Eden.

32.0% "Not impressed so far..."
50.0% "This