Nadine Jones's Reviews > Heir to Sevenwaters

Heir to Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

Jan 02, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy-romance
Read in December, 2008

I've enjoyed all of Marillier's "Sevenwaters" books that I've read, even though they all seem to be the same book: lovely young heroine living at some point in the distant past in Ireland, beautiful but thinks herself plain and unskilled, meets rude and unattractive young man (who's really very handsome and sensitive, but hides it), and they are CLEARLY meant for each other, endure trials and tribulations together and finally realize their shared passion. Sounds boring, but she is such a skilled author that it is captivating instead. I found the first book (Daughter of the Forest) to be the strongest, probably because (a) it was the first I'd read, and therefore fresh, and (b) it was a retelling of an ancient myth, which, as with most ancient myths, gave the story a powerful resonance.

This was another great one - the hero and heroine and their adventure were engaging - I'm hoping she turns the Sevenwaters "trilogy" (now a quartet) into an ongoing series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir to Sevenwaters.