Loree Mathews's Reviews > Unnatural Acts

Unnatural Acts by Stuart Woods

Jun 05, 2012

liked it
Read from June 05 to 11, 2012

Another of my mindless escape authors. I am coming to the conclusion though that I am going to have to find some new authors for my mindless escapes as several of my longtime standbys are getting stale or I am getting bored. Not sure which.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unnatural Acts.

08/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha..yeah, I hear you. You go girl!!!

Rich Tenney Woods is great and all his books are a weekend read!! Here's a name for you to research if you want something out of the ordinary in crime novels: Ken Bruen!!
Spellbinding!!

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara I may look into this Ken Bruen because Unnatural Acts from Woods has just polished me off on his books! This book was ridiculously boring. Something has happened to Woods it is like he is just writing books to write books. Not up to his earlier standards of a good read. Is Ken Bruen Gory? I like a good interesting read with some attention keepers but nothing over the top gory. I like Janice Jance very much but have gone through most of her books and series as well.

Dianae I just started Unnatural Acts in hopes of something better than the last two and understand the angst here. Glad I started getting them from the library instead of buying!
I do enjoy the ones with Holly in them so I hold out some hope.
Have you ladies tried James Patterson? I read Second Chance and was impressed. He may be my new crime mystery author.

Dr. Thomas Wasser I am enjoying the Sandford book series with Lucas Davenport and actually the Robert Crais books with Joe Pike are Amazing...

Loree Mathews I agree - I enjoy John Sandford and Robert Craig also.

Dr. Thomas Wasser Just found a new author. David Rosenfeld or felt... He has a character Andy Carpenter that I really liked. I'm only two books in and he has a about eight or so. Very good.

Loree Mathews I'll check it out.

Linda Grizzard Also JDRobb is awesome! Kinda gory at times. Just be sure to read from the 1st one.

Michael Centeno A mindless and boring read.