Jace's Reviews > The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith Jr.

Dec 29, 13

Recommended for: suckers looking for a religion slightly less absurd than Scientology
Read in May, 2011

The review process for this book has become a farce. Mormons give the book 5 stars because they believe in this junk. Non-Mormons give it 1 star because they recognize it for the fiction that it is. And so it goes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Mormon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Hi Jace,

You will find the following in your goal:

-LOTS of fiction
-NO true History
-Lots of wording that will make you want to pull your hair out!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

haha. okay, so only about the pulling your hair out part. You get used to it pretty quick, but that's probably just me. :P The bible's supposed to be harder to read, and it is a little, but I read it with no problem, too, so... but, anyway, good luck with that, Jace.

Dianna sad you feel this way. the book of mormon is a companion to the bible. have you read the holy bible ? i am reading the bible for the second time in a year. please do not judge the book of mormon until you have read the book of mormon or know our church...the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

Katherine Crabtree @Diana "I should probably read it again" is what the commenter said so clearly he HAS read the book of mormon. please do not judge this rater until you've read his review.

message 5: by Nana (new) - rated it 1 star

Nana Hadji I agree that The Book Of Mormon is a companion to the Bible. They both belong on the sci-fi shelf, right next to the Quran.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth @Dianna I think that judging a person and a "church" by how they act is reason enough to condemn them. LDS is notoriously anti-gay and spread their beliefs like a virus. I can't condone that and it's reason enough to condemn the LDS.
@Nana I completely agree with you.

Brady Mormon's are not anti-gay, they are anti practicing gay just like they are anti practicing fornication, and adultery.

Rachael Joseph Smith was not racist "I have advised them to bring their slaves into a free country and set them free~educate them~and give them equal rights." (Compilation on the Negro in Mormonism, p.40)
He also said: "Break off the shackles of the poor black man and hire him to labor like other human beings." (History of The Church 5:209) He had a plan to free the slaves in such a way that it would also not bankrupt and devastate the slave holders. Joseph Smith was against slavery and he was not racist.

Logan Simonsen If it was a get rich quick scheme then it didn't work out very well for him.

message 10: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Baird Unfortunately, your review is deeply lacking. You haven't reviewed the book - you shared your thoughts on the Church that believes in the book. The two are not the same thing. Out of curiousity, if you think Joseph Smith was illiterate - how was he able to write this book? Pretty impressive feat for someone without an education.

message 11: by Mitchem (new)

Mitchem Lee I think that you must have mistaken the book of Mormon for the Koran and Joseph Smith for Mohammed. I think that's where all hatred is coming from.