Jace's Reviews > The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith Jr.

Dec 29, 13

Recommended for: suckers looking for a religion slightly less absurd than Scientology
Read in May, 2011

The review process for this book has become a farce. Mormons give the book 5 stars because they believe in this junk. Non-Mormons give it 1 star because they recognize it for the fiction that it is. And so it goes.
48 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Mormon.

message 1: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Hi Jace,

You will find the following in your goal:

-LOTS of fiction
-NO true History
-Lots of wording that will make you want to pull your hair out!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

haha. okay, so only about the pulling your hair out part. You get used to it pretty quick, but that's probably just me. :P The bible's supposed to be harder to read, and it is a little, but I read it with no problem, too, so... but, anyway, good luck with that, Jace.

Dianna sad you feel this way. the book of mormon is a companion to the bible. have you read the holy bible ? i am reading the bible for the second time in a year. please do not judge the book of mormon until you have read the book of mormon or know our church...the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

Katherine Crabtree @Diana "I should probably read it again" is what the commenter said so clearly he HAS read the book of mormon. please do not judge this rater until you've read his review.

Christiana Hadji I agree that The Book Of Mormon is a companion to the Bible. They both belong on the sci-fi shelf, right next to the Quran.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth @Dianna I think that judging a person and a "church" by how they act is reason enough to condemn them. LDS is notoriously anti-gay and spread their beliefs like a virus. I can't condone that and it's reason enough to condemn the LDS.
@Nana I completely agree with you.

Brady Mormon's are not anti-gay, they are anti practicing gay just like they are anti practicing fornication, and adultery.

Logan Simonsen If it was a get rich quick scheme then it didn't work out very well for him.

message 9: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Baird Unfortunately, your review is deeply lacking. You haven't reviewed the book - you shared your thoughts on the Church that believes in the book. The two are not the same thing. Out of curiousity, if you think Joseph Smith was illiterate - how was he able to write this book? Pretty impressive feat for someone without an education.

message 10: by Mitchem (new)

Mitchem Lee I think that you must have mistaken the book of Mormon for the Koran and Joseph Smith for Mohammed. I think that's where all hatred is coming from.

message 11: by Jeff (new) - rated it 1 star

Jeff Youngblood unfortunately the Mormons are rating more often...given the 4.0 average rating :(

Janet Jay Mitchum so when did you finish reading the Quran? I'd love to have a reasonable discussion about it

Aurora Wow seriously Mitchum? Putting down other religions, way to make your religion look good.

Devin Touché sir. Although, I'd be up for trading all the "And it came to pass"-es with a bit of Vonnegutian "And so it goes".